SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I am 77 next month and I am quite fit and look a lot younger

I am 77 next month and I am quite fit and look a lot younger than I am old I am trying to get my taxi insurance rewed but finding it hard to renew, my own crowed that I am with are charging that much that it is not worth carrying on. Thank you.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have tried different t insurance firms to no avail
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not think

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and I have reviewed your question for you. I am very sorry to hear of your circumstances. Regrettably insurances are contracts and therefore insurers can choose who to contract with and if they believe there is high risk they would not be made to insure. If you already  had insurance and that insurer is refusing to renew then you could possibly say they are discriminating based on age and you could escalate to the Financial Ombudsman. Any clarification do not hesitate to send your message. All the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Understand and Thank You.

You are welcome.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK