John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

Is this part of ombudsman services, It is regarding about ab

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Is this part of ombudsman services
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It is regarding about ab air ticket I bought with royal air maroc and am trying to get my refund back but they are not
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: On the 10th of April u requested for a refund and they said that they have put in money in my account on the 18th of April that I should give it 20 working days and I did notting gets into my account I call them back again they said that I should give it another 10 working days which I did I have been calling them almost every day just last week Thursday they insist that they have refunded the money since the 18th of April and there was no refund in my account, they say that I should send them an evidence which I did by sending them my bank statement and since then I never hard any updates
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's all I send to you
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay no worries
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you.

To get a refund, what you need to do is write them a formal “Letter Before Action”. In this letter you will need to state the amount you are seeking to recover and the reasons why. You will also need to give them a deadline to raise the payment by, usually it is 14 days in which to receive payment.

If payment is not received within 14 days, then you will need to issue a claim against them in the small claims court. You can do this by visiting this site https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Or you can do it by post by using form N1 which you can find here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and posting it to:

County Court Money Claims Centre

PO Box 527

Salford

Greater Manchester

M5 0BY

I attach a template letter you can use, you will need to edit it.

Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry we can chatt through text
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

If you receive a phone call offer these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call. My advice is above. Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't want to be charged
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have received a letter regarding about my claim do I have to send it to them or you
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

No phone call has been requested so you will not be charged. If you find this to be the case please contact our customer service team https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-to-request-refund

Do not send us any letters about your claim.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't mean sending it to you I mean the letter you send me can I send it to the airline
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

Yes, you will need to send it to them

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** should I do after sending them the letter
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

You follow the steps I have outlined above. If no response, you escalate matters

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If no response can I come back to you people
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

Yes, of course. We would be more than happy to help

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks so much for help really appreciated
Expert:  John replied 7 days ago.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.