MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I am in the UK under start-up visa and have innovative

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i am in the UK under start-up visa and have innovative product i have rights 20h per week to work to support myself
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i am offered employment by a company who is also in similar field but a bit different product
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: i am in teh Uk alsready i got my visa My concern if i got emplpoyed can an employer claim ownership on my producct ? i ahven't yet registered the business it is platform and used by 100 users (universities) and approvied for visa by university 6 montsh ago and i am here for this reason
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Should i be concerned about it ?

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Does your concern relate to the new employer exercising rights over you innovative product?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it does

Thank you has the new employer provided you a contract of employment?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ia it a problem ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not yet should provide in coming days
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Would it be safe i register the business before signing the employment contract. ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is it really a problem ? even if it is 15 h a week work ?

I would advise that you review the contract of employment carefully and ensure that any intellectual property remains with you and not with the company I wold also look for any post restrictive cvenants which prevent you from working in competition if these are included in your contract of employment ask that they are removed.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If my business is registered and i sell subscription to the employer would that be protection of my intellectual rights ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my business is research platform and the employer is in similar field just provides trading of stocks

Yes that should protect you, you may need to make a legal agreement with them to fully protrct your platform.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i have purchase agreement where it states that upon using the platform the user has no right to copy, distribute/hack the platform and similar - is this type of legal agreement you mean ? Would signature be sufficient or should be notary verified ?

Yes that is sufficient, a notary would not be necessary.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok thank you

Glad to be off assistance, I wish you all the best with your upcoming projects.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you

If you need any further assistance do not hesistate to come back to us on Just Answer.