Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Axa insurance recommended ad to repair a scratch on my front

Axa insurance recommended ad williams to repair a scratch on my front bumper, the work took 2 weeks to do & when they returned it to my place of work the vehicle had 2 broken coil springs on near side , broken ashtray in the back & also a missing lock nut for the near side front wheel, Is there anyway of getting a refund or is my best option to go to small claims court.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Waltham cross.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked them to send the photo's that thev'e taken at pick up but they did'nt. And they are saying thats how there driver picked it up.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I needed my vehicle for a holiday i booked for 31/05/21 for 4 days so i got my mechanic to fix it but still got broken springs & reciept for work done.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delay.

Have you spoked to AXA about the issue yet?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

My advice on the matter is usually before engineers repair a vehicle they tend to send their report to the insurer to consider and authorise. The report usually details the damage to the car along with images of the car. Therefore i suggest you contact AXA and ask them for a copy of the engineer report. Once received you should review it and perhaps send to the mechanic that partially fixed the damage to comment on. Hopefully your mechanic will support your account and if so, you have good evidence to seek recovery of the costs to repair the damage in question.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.