INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Need help with a univeristy matter, londond london, none, no

Customer Question

need help with a univeristy matter
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: londond london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
In certain circumstances, I may exercise the Principal’s emergency powers to suspend or exclude students from
the College. The relevant provisions are set out in Regulation G26, available at the following link -
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/acservices/academic-regulations/assets-20-21/g26.pdfThe exclusion from all campuses will remain in place, until the outcome of Misconduct proceedings. You will
not be allowed to attend any campuses unless you obtain permission from Mrs Frances Kirby, Head of Student
Conduct & Appeals,Under the Regulations you are entitled to make written representations against my decision to exclude you from
all campuses, which must be received within 5 working days of the date of this letter.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This was quotes of the letter that was sent to me by the university
saying I was excluded
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have 5 days to respond and I have no idea what I am supposed to say in my defence
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you have any experience with University law
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

Okay. You will need to provide further details of the incident

Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

Kindly explain the circumstances which led to the exclusion

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was in a sexual relationship with a female student. And she has a history of self-harm and the night before she met me she had recently self-harmed. After this we had sex in the evening and in the morning I try to have sex again like we always did. She said no and I tried to convince her otherwise. Before any sexual interaction occurred I asked if she would help me out, seeing to get consent and seeing If i changed her mind. We did it for a little bit and then I decide to stop because i didn't think it was making the situation any better.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The university first sent me a Non contact agreement which I agree is fine
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But now the university wants to excluded me from all in-person activities
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
which i want to fight because i don’t think that is right
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was in a sexual relationship with the girl for 3 months prior to the incident and we broke up because of it
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't know what i should say in my written representation to have this decision revoked but that is what I am asking now
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
got advice?
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

I would suggest that you explain the circumstances around the incident and offer an explanation and evidence in mitigation.

Unfortunately, I would be unable to offer any specific guidance without having sight of the documentation relating to this matter.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Re: Exclusion from College Campuses
07 June 2021
I write on behalf of the Principal, following very serious allegations that have been made about you by another student in a complaint received on 01 June 2021 relating to incidents that took place on or around 04 March 2021
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

Okay

Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Did you read what happened
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you think I should ask what the allegations are ?
Expert:  INC Law replied 12 days ago.

Yes I did. You should ask them to detail the allegations and also provide you details with the findings of their investigation