INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I would like to purchase a freehold maisonette. It is ground

Hello, I would like to purchase a freehold maisonette. It is ground floor. The upstairs is owned by a different person and is classified as leasehold. What are legal implications/ restrictions for the freehold property?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, booked a viewing of the property
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: Wokingham, U.K.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i could send you a link of the property.

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Kindly detail any specific concerns you have regarding the property

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/79932471#/I would like to possibly purchase this maisonette, which is a freehold. I was advices that the top floor is a leasehold. I understand that I would be responsible for maintaining the whole property. What additional implications there might be that I should be aware of. Thank you

We have now spoken.

Good luck

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

I have sent you an email.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,