SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I have been waiting 4 months for a utility kitchen -I have

Customer Question

Hello,I have been waiting 4 months for a utility kitchen -I have paid all monies up front -I should have received it in February
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i think we were chatting already -sorry -can you send me to the secure page so I can pay the £5
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Emaim has been sent requesting delivery of goods -otherwise sending matters to solicitor
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I ordered my main kitchen from this company as well.I have received all the goods wrt the main kitchen.The kitchen company use the pandemic as the excuse for delays in the utility kitchen coming from Germany.I donot think they have even placed an order for the utility kitchen.Cost of utility kitchen approx £4K
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I paid all monies via BACS transfer -the company would not accept credit card payment
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I know of other clients who have been unhappy with this kitchen company
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I confronted the owner of the company regarding this matter in May on the phone.I was upset as I had still not received my goods -he said I was raising my voice /shouting.He hung up the phone -how rude -he made me feel I was I the wrong.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is this a small claims court matter
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a purchase agreement ,I have bank statements showing money transfer to the kitchen company ,& emails promising our goods will be delivered
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 15 days ago.
Hello,I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.Potentially yes this would be a small claims court matter. However, there are some steps to take before going to court.You should start with a formal complaint letter to the company. If they fail to respond or resolve the matter you should then try the ombudsman.They can be seen at the link below.https://www.fhio.org/The court expect people to do this before coming to them.If you still have not had the matter resolved you can submit a claim for the money at the link below.https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claimI am happy to answer any follow up questions.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The kitchen company are not registered -so can’t be found on ombudsman website & I donot think they are registered with any trade associations either
In which case you would have to skip that step unfortunately.
I do hope that makes sense.Kind regards
S