Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My mum died in 2014 and dad this year, myself and my husband

Customer Question

My mum died in 2014 and dad this year, myself and my husband are beneficiaries. I need to change the nanes on the deeds, which I have
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, I sorted most of dads stuff, just feel out of my league and don't have a lot of money
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Bridlington
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Cannot think of anything
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 days ago.

1.  The first thing you need to realise is that the costs of administering the estate of a deceased person, such as your Mum or your Dad, will be paid out of the estate asa  first cut on the assets in the estate.  Accordingly, if you want a solicitor to help you in changing the names on the deeds from your mother and father´s name into your own, you can get these costs paid from any other assets in the estate of either of them.  This will enable you to put the deeds in your name and properly administer their estate, even if you have little money.  It also takes the stress out of doing things incorrectly, if you don´t know what you are doing.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 days ago.

2.  If you need further clarification, I am happy to help further in relation to any aspect of the question which is not fully clear.  If there is any additional information required, please feel free to ask.