MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

My employment has been terminated by my employer 1 day after

Customer Question

Hi my employment has been terminated by my employer 1 day after my trial period ended and they are now refusing to pay 1 weeks notice
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The manager won't talk to me
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: An employee no not part of a union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have email evidence
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. What was the reason that the employer has refused to pay you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She is saying it was still in the trial period
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Because I did start until Tuesday 11th May however I have an email stating Monday the 10th but Mondays were my day off
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I didn't start sorry

Thank you for the confirmation, it would appear that the you have the basis of a wrongful dismissal claim, this is where an employee's contract of employment has been terminated by the employer, and the termination breaches one or more terms of the contract of employment such as the notice period. The first step would be to contact ACAS to commence early conciliation.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How do I did that

The following link should assist, https://tell.acas.org.uk/

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.