How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 341
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

My employment has been terminated by my employer 1 day after

Customer Question

Hi my employment has been terminated by my employer 1 day after my trial period ended and they are now refusing to pay 1 weeks notice
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: The manager won't talk to me
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: An employee no not part of a union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have email evidence
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. What was the reason that the employer has refused to pay you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She is saying it was still in the trial period
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Because I did start until Tuesday 11th May however I have an email stating Monday the 10th but Mondays were my day off
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I didn't start sorry
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for the confirmation, it would appear that the you have the basis of a wrongful dismissal claim, this is where an employee's contract of employment has been terminated by the employer, and the termination breaches one or more terms of the contract of employment such as the notice period. The first step would be to contact ACAS to commence early conciliation.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How do I did that
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

The following link should assist,

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 16 days ago.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.