How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5421
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

We spoke briefly before about a camera case where the

Customer Question

Hi, we spoke briefly before about a camera case where the customer did not return my camera.Royal mail concluded an investigation and told me that the weight of the parcel was significantly lighter than my camera and that my business address was not printed on the parcel.So the fault is with the sender, I was just about to file my MCOL and found the you cannot make a claim against anyone under 18 and after doing a lot of research on the suspect I found out he"s years old 17.Am I still able to go ahead with the claim or is there another way around this?Really appreciate you help
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

Good evening, welcome back to just answer. I will review your message now for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. If you accept their findings the difficulty will be with having to find a parent's details to issue the matter care of the parent. Without that it will not be possible to issue  against him.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks but finding out who the parents are will be extremely difficult given the circumstances. What about using an N1 form to make a claim against someone under 18?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
also what details would I need about the parents to put this through on the MCOL?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 13 days ago.

Good morning. The Claim Form you would use in a Part 7 claim is the N1 form in any event, that is the one whcih is in electronic form on the Money Claims on line website. Who told you they are under 18 though? They should not have had an account to buy if under 18. But I will assume you have concrete proof of their age and advise that  you would only need their parent's full name and you would have to send the letter before action to them and then after 14 days file.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That's very true about having an account to buy at such an age. I found that he has a business registered to his home address and his DOB on the business is nov 2003.Thanks for your help in this complicated situation I'm in. I'm really going to have to try and work it out.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 13 days ago.

Hi, you are welcome. It potentially involves many parties. The site that did not do due diligence and registered an account for a minor could be a possible defendant for allowing the registration which has now resulted in financial detriment to you.