james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a question.my boyfriend just told me that Che was

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question.my boyfriend just told me that Che was arrested and I don't know how I can manage to talk with him
JA: What was the boyfriend charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?
Customer: I have no idea to be honest.
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: He told me last week Tuesday.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The problem is that he is in Germany
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do you think I can manage to somehow to contact him by the phone? I called to the jail and nobody is telling me anything
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am absolutely devastated by this situation
Expert:  james bruce replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Unfortunately, the German authorities will not disclose any details to you about what is or has happened to your boyfriend due to data protection and GDPR, or rather BDSG as it is in Germany.

They are very strict on this and were one of the first European countries to introduce this law.

Sorry to say, that until your boyfriend makes contact with you again, it really is a case of waiting

If he is actually in prison convicted or on remand then it may be possible to find him and write to him, a prisoner location search can be made.

I have attached a site where this is done. http://www.jailguide.com/germany-prisons/germany-inmatesearch.php

I hope this helps put your mind at ease.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.