Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

A lime bike (a Boris bike) crashed into my car. I submitted

Customer Question

A lime bike (a Boris bike) crashed into my car. I submitted the forms they asked me to fill out with the quote. I got the quote from a car body work specialist which I was recommended to use by the Car dealer, I bought the car about 6 months earlier from new. Lime's insurance company Allianz accepted the fault. They sent me an email with the phrase 'we can indemnify you with the amount of' which is way lower than the estimate from the bodywork company. I asked the bodywork company to explain in writing if they could do it or not. if not why. The bodywork company hasn't been able to communicate with the insurance company they are very selective about how & when they reply.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just sending them emails
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't know is the answer
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

Is it the case that the insurer are offering an amount not equal to the repair costs?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The insurers are offering an amount which is lower than the estimate that i submitted, but when the company who gave the quote me try to ask them to qualify their offer. They report to me they say they haven't had any communication with them, even though I have copied them into every email sent & every email received.

Thanks for the further information.

I suggest you directly contact the insurer and ask for a written breakdown on how and why they arrived at the figure in question. Once you have this information you will understand why they have offered a reduction.

That said you should ask the insurer whether they are prepared to undertake the repairs to the bike given they are not prepared to accept the dealer's quote.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 8 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe