INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have built a storage unit on a Lane of which I have the

I have built a storage unit on a Lane of which I have the title deed and 3 other properties have access over the land for maintenance and emergencies. As I own the land I believe I can build what I want there as long as access for maintenance and emergencies are adhered to. Am I correct?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not at present but 2 parties have said the unit should be removed
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: iom
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Subject to any necessary planning permission and building regulations approval, if required, you would be able to build whatever you are able to provided access is not restricted for the properties which have the easement for access.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That answers my question, thank you for the quick response.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
As I have planning approval but a neighbour is adamant that I am unable to build on the Lane as she has access to every part she is insisting the storage unit should be removed. Could you draft a letter to address this issue and point out that the structure is allowed and does not restrict maintenance or emergencies? How much would the letter be? Thank you

I may be able to do so from my firm but not through the Just Answer website as the site is not set up to allow Experts to act for customers through the site.

If you can provide your contact details, I would be ale to contact you separately.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
an idea of costs would be helpful, thank you

I will need to the review the title and would then be able to provide an indication of costs.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you review the title online? If you email me I can attach copies. Thank you

Hi Lorraine,

I have emailed you separately