How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15898
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have suffered professional negligence at the family court

This answer was rated:

I have suffered professional negligence at the family court by a solicitor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London Redbridge
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: non
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he was my youngest child Deputy appointed by Court of Protection. He later stood down
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He wrote 150 page statement against me at my family court. I have disapproved and challenged all his allegations.
There is an on going investigation against him at the Court of Protection. We are waiting for the result but I have suffered professional negligence at the family court.


Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

You would need to file a formal complaint against the solicitor to the firm and let them investigate.  If you do not get a satisfactory response, you will have to escalate your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman whom will investigate and provide a final response.

Details for the Legal Ombudsman can be found at the following link:

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
His influence at the family court is the reason I suffered defamation
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have sent the complaint letter
I didn’t exactly say complaint but asked for immediate actions

You should mention this in your complaint.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The firm didn’t respond
Instead I had to hire a QC to take him off the Deputyship and he stood down.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do I write another complaint letter or just use the one I sent to them many years ago

I would suggest you write  anew one and mark it 'Formal Complaint'.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The court of protection are doing their own investigation
Do I get involved or just wait for the final order from COP?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been looking for no win no fee claim solicitors and no one wants to take my case because it involves court of protection matter.

The complaint to the firm would be a separate procedure and result in a different outcome, directed at the individual and possibly a refund of your fees.

You would be hard pushed to find someone who will take this on a no win no fee.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Who do u recommend?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was pushed to the edge and my name was tarnished due to his influence despite no evidence of the allegations he had against me.

You can find details of a solicitor on the law society website. the web address is:

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I tried
I spoke to so many but everyone I approached say it’s not something the can help with
I call citizen advice and they gave few details which I tried
I’m losing hope

I am unable to assist any further other than recommend that you keep trying as many firms as possible.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Its a pleasure.

Good luck!

INC Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you