John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

CAN I REFUSE PCN ISSUED BY EALING ISSUED AFTER 15 MONTHS?!

JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No , just received 1st time by roadside cameras
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: date of offence 14/2/2020, PCN ISSUED 02/ 06/ 2021 for £130., being in a bus lane?!

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you.  By law this should have been issued within 28 days. 15 months is too late. What you will need to do is lodge an appeal. The ‘informal challenge’ should be made in writing advising that the PCN was issued too late, and this should be accepted and be the end of it. However, if that is rejected there is then a ‘formal challenge’, which the local authority (Ealing) has 56 days to consider.

If the appeal is dismissed, a notice of rejection will be received giving details of the next stage of the appeal process which is to then lodge an appeal with the London Tribunals.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi John
That’s fine. Thanks!

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great evening.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not now, you have given me sufficient information to challenge. If that doesn’t work. I can call again. Thanks

All the best, John.