How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 39632
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Can you please give me some advice, on the best way to get

Customer Question

Good evening, My name is***** you please give me some advice , on the best way to get my late mother name removed from some old shares .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Thurrock Essex post code RM17 6DR
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: All I have done so far is found that the company has been sold and changed. Also sent the death certificate, my id and share to the London royal courts of justice. The reply I received ,is to fill in a form and send a fee of £50, also I assume my mothers death and birth certificate , with my passport and tax bill .
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My mother died 20/7/19, their i my brother, and daughter mentioned in her will
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  MarianC replied 5 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for your question, do I assume that the value of the shares has been paid into court? What form do you need to complete?

Kind regards


Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Good afternoon, The shares are from The Sanctuary Group Plc , they date back to 2000. the tax voucher is worth 12 and a half pence,. for 238 shares on 25/ 1/ 2001. The Application Notice n 2422 .I can wait .
Expert:  MarianC replied 5 days ago.

thank you, ***** ***** have a copy of the reply that you received that I can look at?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not at hand to email you. as I have to scan the paperwork tomorrow .
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am unable to call you as I do not have the amount £44 that you ask for.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have a home landline number, that you can call me on if there is no cost to pay?..
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have a tax voucher dated 23/1/2001 , as The original shares certificate has been sent and received by the Royal Courts of Justice in London in April .
kind regards
Expert:  MarianC replied 5 days ago.

That's fine, I will wait to see the letter then I can see exactly what is happening.

Expert:  MarianC replied 2 days ago.

Good morning, do you have the letter that I can see?