John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

Can an Uk lawyer represent me in the high court here in

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi Can an Uk lawyer represent me in the high court here in Dublin Ireland
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Dublin Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I need to change lawyers and was hoping to get a UK law firm to represent me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats it thanks

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate it is important to you. Yes a UK lawyer can represent you, if they have dual qualification. There are many international firms in the UK with offices in Dublin and I would suggest contacting such a firm to instruct them. You can access the full list of firms here where you will be able to filter it to the area of specialism you want, and then you can search for one who will have a presence in Dublin. The link is here https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=True

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I checked on the law society of Ireland's website and it said that a UK lawyer could represent me here, they are required to get on the Roll of Solicitors here in Ireland, and get a certificate of Admission from the Law Society of Ireland, so if they got that and with that in mind, could a UK lawyer and barristers physically represent me in court here in Ireland?

Yes that is correct, if they are dual qualified i.e. have a certificate to practice in Ireland then they can represent you, physically there in Ireland. I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
once a lawyer in England and barristers get the Certificate of Admission from the Law Society of Ireland, they can physically represent me here in the High Court, is that correct, thank so much for your help

Yes, that is correct.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You're an absolute God send, that's the best news I've got this year! Thank you so much, God bless you

Pleasure, I am glad I was able to help. Have a great evening.