SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

You helped me the other day, with the "tenant dressing as

Hello James, you helped me the other day, with the "tenant dressing as woman", I have a another question if you could help. Attached a photo of some ventilations that are running next to our building from the restaurants to the roof. All of us owners have a constant humming sound from that day and night. We are in touch with Westminster council, as the flats are in Soho London. Is something like that legal to cause such a nuisance and even allow such pipes to run so close? They cam once to measure sound and felt it is acceptable, but the measuring does not make any sense, as sound is different in all positions. any thoughts on that? I am sure there are new machines that are less noisy if they invest a bit money.

Good morning welcome to just answer. I am a Solicitor in England and Wales and I believe the expert that you requested may not be available as I have been asked to respond to you. The Council will only take enforcement action if from the decibals they get when they test the noise they believe a public nuisance is being committed. That does not stop you however from commissioning your own report on the noise levels if you are looking to apply for an injunction order. It is worth writing to the restaurant with your concerns and especially on the placing of the pipes and ventilation and request to see their planning permission for the same because there may be a case where they have actually done it without relevant permission in which case you would be going back to the council's planning department to see if they can enforce.Property disputes costs can soon become astronomical and as such if you can get the Councl to enforce that would save you a lot of money. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to assist always. All the best.

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you, ***** ***** in touch with Westminster who is trying to sort this for us now