james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Ash, a neighbour is slashing our tyres. His road is

Customer Question

Hi Ash, a neighbour is slashing our tyres. His road is perpendicular to ours. A note is left instructing the driver to not park on this road, if the vehicle is there the following night, then the tyre is slashed. Minimum 8 tyres to date. We have cctv of one slash and three notes being left. The images are grainy but we can identify the house (not clearly, terraced houses) he comes out of, his car make and model (not number plate) but no clear. Can we hope for conviction?
Damian
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Very sorry to hear this is happening.

It is criminal damage and as such can be reported to the police .

Collect you evidence, notes, cctv etc and then when you make a complaint to the police you can produce the evidence.

They can review that and then decide whether to arrest the person.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you James

Your very welcome.

You can call the police on 101, but I would advice going in person to the local police station, that way an officer can take a compliant statement and see the evidence you have.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That’s great for now James
If we hit a dead end with the police I’ll get back to you

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.