How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2354
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I need a lawyer For difamations and harassment, I'm in us,

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need a lawyer For difamations and harassment
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in us
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: But the harasser is a UK citizen
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.


My name is***** am a victim of defamation on facebook and whatsap by one of my former classmates.

His name: Claude XXXXXXX XXXXX
He is a British citizen.
His phone number: +XX XXX XXX XXXX used in whatsap.

Due to differences of opinion within our engineering group Whatsap, he threatened and defamed me in the Whatsap group and went to post false accusations using my name, photos and my country, Canada.

He intimidated me and threatened me several times.
He forced me to apologize in another Whatsap group before deleting his post on facebook. He threatened to defame me to another whatsap group and everywhere I go on social media. He promised to post another facebook difamations if I share again my opinions.

On Facebook, he wrongly accused me of being the administrator of many whatsap groups preaching social hatred.

I have gathered all the screenshots as well as the audios of the threats and defamations.

I need your help to send him a letter of formal notice and ask him to deny his fake post about me on social media platforms because it is life threatening and it damaged my reputation.

I feel in danger because he exposes me to reprisals from social groups mentioned in his post on facebook.

I need your help.

Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome to just answer. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm you are looking for a UK based lawyer to represent you?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome, my name is***** am very sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. Without the information I asked for, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. If you cannot agree on a matter or you need to bring the matter before the courts you should instruct a solicitor using one of the methods below.  I would advise you instruct a solicitor in your area. The solicitor will be able to weigh all the evidence before them and help you build a strong case. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you. You may qualify for legal aid if you have low income and want to take the case to court. You can check if you can get legal aid here: You can find a legal aid solicitor by using this link: Legal aid is free assistance to people who cannot afford to pay legal fees such as legal advice and proceedings. You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) ( For more information please visit: CAB’s are accessible in different areas in the country providing free legal advice to individuals who cannot afford this. You can contact them by phone to book a face to face appointment. They may also be able to provide phone appointments. Moreover, you might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending/contacting a LawWorks Clinic. A probono lawyer is a free lawyer. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website:

You can also find other means of getting help with legal fees using this link: I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!