Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

I am a final year medical student from University of Exeter.

Customer Question

I am a final year medical student from University of Exeter. I have recently failed my practical exam resit examination.However, due to issues with questions regarding examination, wrong information provided by educational lead and examiner's bias, I have been told that I have grounds for appeal. My parents have also advice me to seek consultation from you.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have not. I am currently in the UK, Exeter. A final year medical student at the University of Exeter I have gotten satisfactory and excellent results/feedback from this year’s assessment if that helps
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to the clinical lead in my school regarding appealing the decision and both of them have told me I have grounds to appeal. My parents have advice me to contact you for further advice/assistance
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No there is not
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Sure, I am happy for a live phone call
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am ok with continuing to wait
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Jo W replied 5 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question. I will respond as soon as practicable which will be some time today.

Expert:  Jo W replied 5 days ago.

Hello there.

I see no legal reason why you should not appeal the result.  I would want to know what the department's appeals/complaints process is and follow that.  Plus, whether this is the only opportunity to appeal.

In terms of the appeal itself, I suggest that you consider which grounds you use and make the grounds as neutral and factual as possible.  For example, claiming bias is easy to say but you will need to be clear on the detail you put on your grounds.

I don't propose any legal remedies because generally you are expected to exhaust complaint routes, such as your appeal.

I hope this answers your question.  Any queries, let me know.