MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have some problem with universal credit, NW10 2LH, I open

I have some problem with universal credit
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NW10 2LH
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I open claim and the first they refused and when I make an object on the decision they asked me to sent some proof about my children's schools and my job I sent it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: After that they agree about my claim

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Universal credit closed my claim in
April and I make mandatory reconsideration when they asked me until now They didn't contact with me and when I called them they said to me we don't take a decision yet.I have many problems with rent and I have 5 children in school

Please note that the call requires a further fee, if you are happy to pay the fee I will arrange a call with you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I can't make a call because I don't speak English well

That is fine I am happy to continue to assist you with a written response.

As you disagree with the decision you can ask for the decision to be looked at again - this is called ‘mandatory reconsideration’.

You can only do this on certain grounds such as: 

• you disagree with the reasons for the decision

• you think the office dealing with your claim has made an error or missed important evidence

• you want to have the decision looked at again

Have you received the mandatory reconsideration letter?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No

This would be the first step, you need to request that the decision is looked at again - then they will carry out a mandatory reconsideration.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm really do
I called them more than 4 times and they told me we will call you and give me a date and time but Don't call me yet

Thank you for the confirmation, unfortunately you cannot progress this matter until they carry out the mandatory reconsideration. You will have to keep trying to get through to them to ask for the mandatory reconsideration to be carried out.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok
Thank you so much

Glad to be off assistance, please let me know if I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
About my issue I want ask why they sent me a letter to return money back before they given me response about a mandatory reconsideration
I am sorry could you explain your query further?