How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1746
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

Please, and I have been in the UK for 5 years with no Visa.

This answer was rated:

Please, I am Brazilian and I have been in the UK for 5 years with no Visa. I am transgender and I want to know if there's any chance I get a visa to live here legally. I don't have no one, my father does not speak with me since I was 17 years old when he find out I am gay. My mother did the same when I decided to start the transition.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not taken any step yet as I want to do the right thing. That's why i want to speak with a solicitor who can tell me the possible options and what I can do. I'm Brazilian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thats all, thank you very much

Good morning, if you are having problems with family due to your family not accepting your sexuality you can look at making application for asylum due to the basis of this and in danger of facing persecution. The first step would be to contact the screening then you will have an interview with grounds for claiming asylum.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

AkuaK and other Law Specialists are ready to help you