INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I just need to know, is it possible to edit an active

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I just need to know
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: is it possible to edit an active tenancy agreement and remove one of the tenets?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I was living with my ex partner and she moved out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

You would need tonsurrender or terminate the previous tenancy and enter into a new one with the remaining tenant.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can they just edit the contract and remove on the tenants?
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

If it has already started, unfortunately not. It will need to be surrendered and then a new one executed.