INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm from Slovenia.With my sister we have European

Hi.I'm from Slovenia.With my sister we have European certificate of inheritance after my cousin,Her mother had money in NATWEST bank.They closed account 12.1.2004.My cousin who was the hiers on her mother by the law didn't arrange nothing in the bank and money is still in bank funds and as we are the hiers on my cousin we asked bank to give as the money.We sent Europena certificat of our inheritance ,Court decision of Slovenia of inheritance and Slovenian death certificat.Now they insist we have to get deat certificat for both in English form but they were from Slovenia and not from UK,and they asked us for will but we are hiers by the law in Slovenia.What we can do or what you can arrange for us?Thank you.Lučka Remec
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I'm from Slovenia and as I understand UK signed Vienna and Paris Convention for death certificat.Also as I know European certificat of inheriance valid till year 2022 also in UK.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: We sent to the bank:
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Original EU certificat of inheriance issued by the court in Slovenia for me and my sister in Slovenian language and in English.We sent to the bank also court decision also translated in English of inheritane of my cousim.We sent death certiface of our cousin.They confirm that money is in their bank fund aobout 16.000 GBf but they insist that we have to send them Engkish form of death certificat for both and last wiil

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you obtained Grant of Provate or equivalent in Slovenia?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
As I wrote money of our aunt and cousin is in the bank NAT West in their bank fund. Our court in Slovenia issued decision that with sister we are the hiers on our cousin and she was the hiers on her mother.All is by the Slovenian law there is no last will of cousin or aunt.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No as I'm not so good in English
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
As I wrote I'm from Slovenia
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It seems to me that this is only waste of time and money.

Did you send a certified translation of the death certificate?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can send only International death certificate with apostille stamp we can get in Slovenia by Paris or Vienna Convention which is also signed by UK
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can send only international form of death certificat with apostille stamp which I can get in Slovenia.I can get form on Paris or Vienna Conventiom

This should be acceptable to Natwest. I am perplexed as to why they have rejected it.

I would suggest that you have a local lawyer write to the bank and explain the law to them. You will also need to provide Notarized copy of your ID.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can I sent to you what we wrote to Natwest.Can you take our subject but all original documents are still at Natwest.Cost for such case in UK are?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
or you maybe can give us contact office which can arrange this subject for us?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I added claim we sent to Natwest,Accompaying letter from which you can see what we sent to Natewest,and mail I got yesterday from Natwest.

What would you like to know about this?