Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

Hanrahan my husband got recalled to prison they didn't know

Hello my name is ***** ***** my husband got recalled to prison they didn't know he was in hospital having surgery is suffer from mental health a lot of depression very suicidal in the past tablets from his doctor he needs to be in the right place I'm worried about him when he was born he had mama Jonas you have a different shaped head due to fluid in his brain please can you help me also he needs 7 months physio on his arms and no one is helping me he's a lovely kind person you shouldn't be in prison
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: It's about my husband he's being a good while have happened in our life lost loved ones as well but my husband suffers what depression is on medication from his doctor he needs to be in a hospital mental hospitals but he's in prison because he was on licence you shouldn't be in there he done nothing to have nothing on him
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am also under the hospital myself had tumours taken away suffers with depression myself but I am worried about my husband this is about my husband today where he needs to be in the right place is very vulnerable person please can you help me
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm not very good technology and waiting it would be great if someone could call me I paid the £5
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My husband is ***** *****rahan he's being sent to Newall prison Redditch

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question. I will respond as soon as practicable which will be some time today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you very much look forward to your help I'm not very good at technology and would my phone phone if it's possible could you call me and my telephone number please
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you God bless
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that's my number I thank you

Hello. I can see that this is a very difficult for you both.  Please note this is an email question answer service.  We provide phone calls at a higher premium starting at £44.  You can request this, you will be charged before the call.

As I understand it, your husband has been recalled to prison and you are worried for his health.  You both have health issues which I appreciate makes this all the more difficult.

This service is not a representation one, so we don't take cases on, but I can provide you with information.

You don't mention why your husband was recalled.  He must be given a reason on his return to prison. He should have the opportunity to make full representations to the parole board. The parole board will be provided with all the relevant papers and evidence needed to make an informed decision about the prisoner’s possible release.

When a prisoner is making representation to a parole board for their release they will need to tell the parole board why they believe they can be safely released back into the community. These representations must be made within 2 weeks of the prisoner being given full reasons for their recall.

Representations can be made by the prisoner themselves, a friend or family member, or their legal advisor. Prison staff will be able to provide a full explanation of the process to the prisoner if required.

I appreciate that you husband is unwell, therefore he may need help making representations.  he will need to draw attention to his health, explain (if relevant) the reason why he was recalled.  Please note that his health alone won't necessarily be enough to have him released.

I don't need to know all the details of the situation - the most important thing now is to find out about making representations and seeing if you/he can get help with that.

I trust this has answered your questions.  I am happy to clarify anything for you.