Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My company used fire and rehire tactic..I refused to sign

hi,my company used fire and rehire tactic..I refused to sign new contract,because it is much worse .I have income insurance.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: cambridge
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have a case in Watford against my employer.But i want to ask should my insurance pay me.They refused saying that i could sign new contract...so it is my fault that i am dismissed.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no,this is the basic information

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Can I just ask how long ago this was? and why was a new contract issued and why didn't you want to sign it?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
company wanted to make our contracts cheaper...It was few months ago.I have case against them already.I want to know your opinion about income insurance.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Hi there, so as discussed earlier, the best thing for you now is to submit a case with the Financial Ombudsman and at the same time go back to the insurance to request confirmation in writing that once they have the verdict of the Employment Tribunal, they will backdate any payments for loss of earnings to cover the period between dismissal and you getting a new job.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best