Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I suffer from CPTSD and I am registered disabled, I am

Customer Question

I suffer from CPTSD and I am registered disabled, I am trying to secure accommodation, I currently rent, I have been with the same Landlord for 12 years now he wants to sell his property....I have been issued a section 21 eviction notice, and I have 4 months to vacate the property
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Bromsgrove
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I feel I am being descriminated against
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have offered the estate agent up to six months rent, even that was not acceptable, I have a written letter from my Landlord explaining that I have not defaulted on my rent in 12 years
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
my wife is also a key worker, she is a staff nurse working at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital In Birmingham
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (TTM5SPQ)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Iam Military Veteran
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My Landlord knows I suffer from CPTSD, he also knows I am registered disabled
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,

A lease/Tenancy is a legal interest in a property. If the ownership of the property changes, that interest is not destroyed. This means your tenancy will persist through and after the property sale. Tenants still benefit from all their tenancy rights as described by the law. None of them are limited, altered or restricted by the change of ownership.

Section 21 eviction ( no fault eviction) can be served on the tenant by the Landlord to get back the possession of the property.

Tenancy does not terminate with the expiry of the fixed term, if the tenant stays on , the tenancy rolls into a periodic monthly tenancy.

Tenancy does not terminate by the eviction notice as well. If the tenant stays in the rented accommodation, after the expiry of the fixed term and expiry of the eviction notice, the tenancy rolls into periodic monthly tenancy , and Landlord would have to get possession orders from the court to get the possession back of his property.

And tenants have to leave by 14 days of the court orders , and If the tenants remain in the property after the possession orders by the court, then Landlord can get the possession orders enforced by the court bailiffs , who can evict all the occupants from the property and handover the vacant possession of the property to the Landlord.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

You need to get in touch with your local council regarding the accommodation, with the eviction notice that has been served on you, Your council can arrange for emergency accommodation for you.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much, I am struggling to get accommodation, even though we can pay, this because both my wife and I have poor credit ratings at the moment, I havea discharged Bankruptcy, discharged in March 2021, and my wife has an IVA terminating in November
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

You should get in touch with your local council , they can arrange for emergency housing for you.

You would need to provide them the copy of your eviction notice.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Iam classed as a Vulnerable adult under the Act buy the way
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what would be my rights
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Could you confirm if you are renting from a private Landlord ?

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Under the Equality Act 2010, disabled tenants have more rights to stay in a property if:

• they have limited security
  • they have no other defences
  • the reason they are being evicted is linked to their disability
  • there is a more proportionate alternative option open to the landlord
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

And in the eviction proceedings, these factors will be taken in to account by the court, if to make a disabled person homeless or not.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Iam renting privately but through an estate agent
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
how much money do I owe you, now for your excellent advice
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

You do not pay anything extra to me.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

Glad I could help.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much, you have been very kind as I am very worried.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 16 days ago.

My pleasure.

Kindest regards.