james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I had to travel to DRC because of the sensitive informations

Customer Question

I had to travel to DRC because of the sensitive informations that we would have to share with the Government officials of Democratic Republic of Congo now I am back in the UK and they that i have to be quarantine in hotel and I believe that I should not because our work it does applies a lot of travelling.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have send all the evidences to G4S manager as they have requested me to present the evidences then they would let go home and do the Covid 19 test at home and send it back to them. I have already been vaccinated with the first dose.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not at this stage
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Where's my answer?
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Under current U.K. government law, ANY travel form a RED list country has very strict travel restrictions and ALL those allowed to enter from that country MUST stay in a quarantine hotel,
The link below confirms the current law.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But there's exception and I believe that I belong to the exception group. Regular Travel Abroad.

If you refer to the regular work abroad group then there are exceptions to that group. However that group only applies if a person travels at least once a week to the country of work, and even then it only applies to a abet countries.
Red countries arrivals must still use the hotel for that group. The law is clear in that. Failure to do so carries a fine of £10000 and up to 10 years prison.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.