Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My neighbour has sadly passed away and lived alone .She has

Customer Question

My neighbour has sadly passed away and lived alone .She has a handicapped daughter who has been admitted to hospital .She has no known relatives .
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South Staffordshire WS67DA
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: She left instructions for her funeral which is on 15/6.at Stafford
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Her daughter was in the property when her mother passed away.She was admitted to hospital in Stafford .
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

This is very sad news - what is it that you would like to know please?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The concern is the property is unoccupied and the necessary utilities and bank etc need to be notified .I have advised the post office to hold mail .
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The only known relative is her handicapped daughter who has been admitted to hospital
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The South Staffordshire police have the keys to the property which were taken by the police when The handicapped daughter was taken in to care last week .
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

As you appreciate, apart from being a concerned neighbour you have no standing in this.  There will be relative somewhere although if she has a handicapped daughter, handicapped daughter will inherit all the ladies money.

This is something that you just need to refer to social services although I imagine the police will already have done that.  The local authority will then take care of the property.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your advice
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

It was my pleasure to assist you. Please come back if anything else crops up and needs clarification.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.