Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

If my husband, is travelling on visit visa instead of

Customer Question

If my husband, is travelling on visit visa instead of dependency visa, how long will it be valid?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Hi Sushma,

Your Husband can apply for a standard visitor visa. It allows the visitor to stay in the UK for a period of up to 6 months.

The standard visitor visa can be applied online using the below weblink-

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Following information is required for applying-

• the dates visitor is planning to travel to the UK

• details of where visitor will be staying during the visit

• how much you think your trip will cost and financial proof of sufficient amount of money for the trip

• If any one sponsoring the trip, then they need the name and address of anyone paying for your trip financial statement from the sponsor

• the name, address and passport number of any sponsor with a copy of their British passport in support of visitor`s application.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I see. Is it possible to convert a visiting visa into a dependency visa at the end of 6 months?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately, a visitor visa can not be switched into any other category .

Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

which means he would have to travel back to apply for a dependent visa from India.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Alright. Supposing my husband opts for a dependency visa, what would be the requirements for him to find a job in the UK?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

As your dependent , he can do any skilled /unskilled job.

There are no restrictions on the type of work that he can not do. He can be either employed or can be a self-employed , to do a business in the UK.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay. Also, can the dependency visa be processed from Qatar (where he is currently working) or would he need to travel to India for these procedures?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

If he is resident of Qatar , residing there for his work, then he can apply from Qatar as well.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How long will the dependency visa take to process and what is current status of travel and work for the non residential British citizens aswell as citizens of other countries?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Dependent visa takes 2-3 months .

Please click below weblink to know about the job prospects in the UK-

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and-work-experience/working-abroad/work-in-the-uk

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How long does a visit visa take to process?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

1-2 months.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also... for the dependent visa, If i show a valid proof of employment and accomadation in the UK, my husband need not show any proof of the minimum required bank balance of GRB 16000, am I right?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Yes, you can sponsor the visit by providing your financial and accommodation proof.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
In addition to this, is there any minimum tenure that I should have worked in the UK for me to provide my employment documents as proof for my spouse's dependency visa?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

You would need to provide your 6 months pay slips and corresponding bank statements

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
6 months payslips and bank statements corresponding to my job in the UK is it?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
my husband can not process a dependency visa until I have worked in the UK for a minimum of months?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
of 6 months?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Yes, so your husband can come and stay with you for 6 months on a visitor visa.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can he work while he is on a visitor visa?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

No, he can not work on a visitor visa.

He can only work after getting the dependent visa.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay. I'll get in touch if i need any further clarifications. Thank you for your time!
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Sure, Glad I could help.

If you have any questions in future you can get in touch by opening up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S and I will be happy to help.

Thanks again . Best wishes.