12826847

I want to know how to get a domestic abuse charge dropped

Customer Question

I want to know how to get a domestic abuse charge dropped after the victim who made a false accusation has retracted the statement
JA: Do they have any upcoming court dates on the domestic abuse charges?
Customer: Yes
JA: Where did the domestic abuse occur?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thats all
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
how do you get a domestic abuse charge dropped after the victim who made a false accusation has retracted the statement?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for the information

I'm afraid it isn't that simple. They will just someone's hurtful stop obviously you could have a trial and contest the matter in the normal way and you may very well win but they will not just let her drop the prosecution because she has made a retraction statement. Their view will be that she is lying because she doesn't want to go through with it.

I’m afraid the days have gone when people could do this sadly.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.