How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13897
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Ongoing with my question I have had 2 accidents with the

Customer Question

Ongoing with my question I have had 2 accidents with the works that are not finished would I be better off getting a solicitor
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome back to JustAnswer.
Could you please confirm the nature of your injuries and where you were when this happened?.
I am about to go out for half an hour but will be back here so will pick up your response then.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My first accident was outside my street door when workmen had come in the dark about 5 30 and cemented without letting me no and I slipped and fell while taking rubbish out the second was in my hallway I slid on the little stones they put on the ramp resulting in me breaking my false leg hurting my back and arm both were reported and still nothing I can only go out once a week when my daughter takes me shops other I am a prisoner as I can’t go out on my own unless I get a cab
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Thanks and sorry to hear about that. You would have a claim for negligence, yes. However you will need a no win no fee law firm - there is nothing to pay up front. You also pay nothing if you lose. If you win, the law firm takes a small percentage of the compensation you recover. A personal injury claim is quite complex with medical records and medical evidence being required - so my view is that you speak to a couple of firms and see who can offer you the lowest success fee (the most they can charge is 25%, but ideally you want a small success fee so they take less). The success depends on their assessment of the case and how likely it is you will win etc.
Here are a few firms you could approach :

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,