Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

We are looking to set up a series of events that will take

Customer Question

Hi, we are looking to set up a series of events that will take place once a month/once every other month. These will be held at various venues and have various special guests and DJs at each once. Before we begin I would just like to know a bit more on what sort of things we need to put in place legal wise, if any, before we begin.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are based in Surrey, however events will be taking place around London and possibly Essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: So far we haven't taken any legal steps we have only taken steps towards finding a venue for our first event
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that should be all
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 3 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 3 days ago.

There are plenty of online legal databases such as Simply-Docs and Rocket Lawyer where non-lawyers can download free legal documents, such as Terms and Conditions, Sale and Supply Contracts and Privacy and Cookies Policies, for a reasonable subscription price.

However, non-lawyers drafting their own legal contracts and policies (even if they are based on cogent, reliable precedents) is often a recipe for disaster as the documents will contain legal terminology that laypersons do not understand.

As result, there has been a spike in Probate and Commercial Contracts Litigation in recent years due to “homemade” Wills and Contracts that were drafted by laypersons who did not appreciate or understand some of the legal terminology.   This has led to confusion, uncertainty and dispute and has cost them thousands more in legal fees fighting a former business partner who has taken issue with what the parties thought was agreed at the time.

As your Commercial Contracts Solicitor instructed under a formal solicitor-client retainer with my main “virtual” law firm, I can provide a much more thorough and bespoke document-drafting service beyond that which I can provide on Just Answer (which is very often “pointing customers in the right direction” for the purposes of obtaining further legal advice) and draft you a set of contracts and policies which are robust, effective and protect your commercial and legal interests as far as the law permits.

Better to spend a few hundred or even thousand pounds on solicitors’ fees at the outset of a deal and get it right from Day 1 rather than risking losing many thousands more in damages and legal costs if things go wrong at a later date.

I see several types of commercial contracts that you will need for this project, including:

- Contractual Joint Venture Agreements;

- Property Licence Agreements;

- Supply of Goods and Services Agreements;

- Data Processing Agreements;

- Software As A Service Agreements;

- Intellectual Property Rights Agreements;

- Terms and Conditions;

- Privacy Policies;

- Cookies Policies;

- Non-Disclosure Agreements.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 3 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd