AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

I'm due to get married in Cyprus late this year, am a

Customer Question

I'm due to get married in Cyprus late this year, am a British citizen (passport holder & both in the UK) but currently living abroad in Switzerland. Does the Single Status Statutory Declaration apply even though I do not have a UK address, to get married in Cyprus
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps yet - we are just starting out so no paperwork with the UK government yet. We live in Switzerland and are British citizens
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't believe so, that covers everything - we have not been married before or had any change in name etc.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  AkuaK replied 6 days ago.

Good morning, the single status declaration would still apply even though you do not have a U.K. address it’s mandatory to prove you are single.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 6 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!