james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Civil department, Fulham london, was released in conditional

Customer Question

Civil department
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Fulham london
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: was released in conditional bail almost 4 weeks ago,but today all the charges were dropped
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: accused of stalking and as I said not charged.I want to sue the accusser now
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi James

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As I said before I was arrested four weeks ago and released on bail for domestic harassment.today I was told by the police that all the charges were dropped because of the luck of evidence.now I m thinking of suing the person who bought those allegations that resulted being arrested and detained by the police for 20 hours

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

I would advice against that. You  are unlikely to get anywhere with such a claim.

Simply because the police do not proceed further does not mean a person is innocent of the allegation being made against them.

The p9lice  have advised that there was lack of evidence to proceed. That does not mean they have no evidence, simply insufficient for the crown prosecution service to secure a successful prosecution.

You deciding to try and take action against the other person for making a report to the p9lice, may just give the cps additional evidence of a harassment nature and allow them to review and bring charges against you.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dear *****.thank you for your advice.I just want to tell you that I was never charged with an offense I was just interviewed under caution and the police seized my mobile to investigate for any evidence.so I was never declared guilty of anything and there were no evidence against me(no warning,no caution ect ect).so to me it was a complete false accusation from the accusser and I must at least an apology for all the stress,anxiety,and sleepless nights that I went through.my integrity it was damaged and I felt very humiliated.so can you please tell me more how can a accusser can get away with it and in the eye of the law I do have a very slim possibility of defending my right.thank you

What happened is very common. If a person thinks they are a victim of an offence, they can report that to the police.

It is then the p9lice who decide whether to arrest, detain and interview the allegation suspect or not. The person making the complaint has no say in whether the police arrest or not.

In an ideal world, the police would investigate first and then arrest if needed, but, i

unfortunately very often it does not work that way and the p9lice arrest first and ask and investigate second, unfortunately the law allows for this,

As I have advised, because you were not cautioned or charged with an offence, can simply mean there was lack of “sufficient “ evidence to satisfy the cps to charge.