Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Could you please let me know if my declaration form has been

Customer Question

Hey, could you please let me know if my declaration form has been completed correctly. I have been informed that it is still missing information but can not figure out what is left to fill in.
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

are you able to kindly confirm that you are a full British citizen (i.e. not limited to having residency or settled status) and that you are the spouse of W.A. (Full name omitted for privacy) please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hey yes I am a British citizen born in the UK. And yes I am the spouse of Waqas Ahmed. You see the declaration which I attached has been rejected twice by the home office so I’m really confused as to what I have done wrong
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

Thank you. Have they provided a reason for the rejection. There is only one issue that I can see which may potentially be causing a difficulty

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There explanation is the following;
You have failed to provide a Fully completed, Ticked and Signed Sponsor Declaration Form. (Blank Copy Attached) Please send this to us in your reply once complete.
They have not provided us with a clear reason.
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

Helpful as ever. To my eyes you would want to check the following:

1. ensure you have included full names including any muddle names to match any official documentation such as passports. This may already be correct.
  2. The first confirmation in relation to citizenship appears correct.
  3. The second confirmation I would make the following changes. a. Do not circle "spouse" but cross out "civil partner in the top line. b. In the paragraph immediately underneath, go through and cross out "or civil partner" so it reads "...am the spouse of the applicant". In the next sentence cross out "in civil partnership" after the word "married".

It would be sensible to consider resigning and dating it. I cannot see anything else wrong with the declaration.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Joshua for your help today. Hopefully the declaration will be accepted this time round.
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

I hope so - I cannot see anything else wrong and even this may be somewhat over zealous on their part. I'm glad the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Expert:  Joshua replied 6 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.