Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have been contacted by someone call Bolton and Reid

I have been contacted by someone call Andy Bolton and Caroline Reid stating that they have a cheque valued at £29,855 which has been awarded to me from a Spanish Court Case against Incentive Leisure Group. They state that it is ready to be sent to me but I need to send them 2500 euros by tomorrow. I am sure its a scam but wondered if you know anything about this.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No this has only happed today, I live in England and the legal question is related to the Spanish Courts.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have searched the internet to see if there is any news about this as I know that the owners of Incentive Leisure have been taken to court in England but not sure about Spain.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They say that the Legal Company that they are working for is called Ceca Magan Hope that was the correct spelling

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

How were you contacted? Please provide all the contact information you have

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
but telephone
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no i will type
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I was contacted by my landline in England

Please provide the number they called you from, and where did they ask you to make this payment to? I will need as much information as possible please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
they called me from***********and the want me to transfer money to a bank account in Spain

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
IBAN ES89 6888 0001 6318 8913 2009 Swift Code QNOESB2XXX

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. Looking through our database of queries, another customer contacted us in Aug 2020 with the exact same scenario. What we worked out then was that the firm appears legitimate but the people who contact you do not and they have no links to the firm, only using its name to try and make themselves look legitimate. The best way to verify it is to contact the firm directly, using their official contact numbers or emails, rather than using the ones given by the people who called you.

Here is their website with their contact details:

https://www.cecamagan.com/en/contact/

But just to comment on what has happened, this does indeed look like your typical advance-fee scam where you are promised a sum of money and are required to pay them something in advance, only to do so and get nothing in return.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for you help.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Very pleased with the response and information provide.