JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

I have just broken up with my girlfreind from a 18 year

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have just broken up with my girlfreind from a 18 year relation ship 3 kids 8 ,11, & 18 - we live in a joint tenancy council house - can I stop her new boy friend comming into the house - if so how
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: nothing
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: ashford kent
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don't think so
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can you call my land line don't get a good reception on mobile
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is there any way I can stop him going to the kids school to pick the kids up with my ex she has only know him for 5 minuets
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 10 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.I'm not able to take calls right at this minute. The telephone call pop-up is site generated and not offered by me. I have found that most customers' problems can be resolved by messaging.First and foremost, has the new boyfriend ever threatened you at all?Thanks, J
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
keep to text please
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
you still there
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello you still here
Hello. The other thing to note is that this service is more akin to email rather than an instant messenger. Sometimes, I may take some time to respond as I am often dealing with several different matters.
To stop your ex from getting her new boyfriend to pick the children up from school, you'd have to consider making an application for a child arrangements order - probably a specific issue order.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what about stopping him from coming into the house - This is my partner to make it unplesant for me - I feel he is infading my home -
Your ex shouldn't be introducing new partners to your children after such a short period of time. It's confusing for the younger children and doesn't set a good example. If she knows very little about his history - what would she do if she discovered he had a convicttion for indecency or offence against children?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
is there any thing I can do
Your ex can invite him as a guest. Your only real option is to warn your ex in writing that it's unacceptable and is causing you much stress and upset. Also claim that it is disruptive to the children. You could also threaten an occupation order against her. That's an injunction requiring her to move out. The only problem is that you would have to care for the children.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
how does that work
You might be able to cut an injunction against him under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 to prevent him from entering your home, however, this is unlikely to work unless there had been at least a couple of incidents where he had threatened/harassed you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no harassment
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
evon though i have done nothing wrong I cant stop her brinning her new boyfriend into the house
Well, you'd have to go with the first option then. Make an application to court for an occupation order to have her leave the property.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
could I call the police ( 101) and say ive got an unwanted gesst in the
That's an alternative but your ex will just say he's invited by her.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
my hands are tied
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
could the council do anything if I explained the situation
No. You have the option of the occupation order. If he stays overnight with her, you could speak to the council and see if there's any options
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He has Why I was away
OK.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok ??
You just told me he stayed whilst you were away. You'll have to speak to the council or make an application for an occupation order.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Its somthing - & my kids were in the house
I can only give you legal options. I can't tell you what your council will do. Your first stop would be to look at the terms of the tenancy.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 9 days ago.
My pleasure. If you need clarification or any further guidance, please let me know. Kind regards, J