MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I need to find a solicitor to make an FOI or Subject access

Customer Question

Hi Pearl I need to find a solicitor to make an FOI or Subject access request on my behalf. I believe I was abused mentally and discriminated against due to my disability during an encounter with the police.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England I've already asked to see the body camera footage but the request was deniedZ I’d just like to see what happened and decide what to do afterwards once I know if a crime was committed.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve made a complaint to the IOPC, I’m awaiting their decision regarding that but I have PTSD and the event triggered that. ive asked to see the body camera footage and asked them to inform me if the officer has a positive covid test as he shouted in my face without a mask. I’ve not heard anything back yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’m not sure really, there’s a lot of details but the important thing initially is to get access to the body camera footage for that day, also any notes regarding it. My house was searched without me being there, he was very threatening despite me telling him immediately upon meeting that I have PTSD
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That’s great thank you. Even just guidance on drafting an foi or Subject access request would be beneficial
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please see attached link with sample subject access request template: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/preparing-and-submitting-your-subject-access-request/

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear please do not hesitate to contact me further.