AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

I need help I travelled went to Zanzibar island in Tanzania

I need help I travelled went to Zanzibar island in Tanzania with Turkish airline was supposed to come back with them on 14 th May unfortunately they suspended their flight from 12th to Heathrow as I was late for work I decided to purchase another ticket with another airline called KLM because Turkish airline did not give me any another alternative I claimed refund they only pffered me 235 pounds they stranded me in Zanzibar with no any alternative I spent extra 579 with KLM unplanned budget I asked them to pay they didn't respond to me what should I do?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: It was red list country but was emergency to see my sick mother my wife and my kids
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just emailed them but it appeared they have decided to pay only amount I mentioned above to me is not fair they put me in a lot of pressure as I was worrying about my job
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That only that with airline other thing is approved qurantine hotel they have refused to set instalment plan decided to take all money In one go it affected my life living fincial difficulty I asked them to refund the money and set up instalment plan I'm in on overdraft now can not even buy ticket for my transport to work
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Good evening, you can raise a complaint with Atol if you do hear anything further with Turkish airlines and they will be able to see whether you are entitled to compensation for suspended flight due to coronavirus,

When did you contact Turkish airlines?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What is Atol I haven't clue
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I prefer text
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I contacted them a week a go
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They only decided to pay 235 for the ticket I bouggt from them but they ignored the new ticket which I bought from different airline the reason they were unable to deliver service they promised instead they left me stranded in Zanzibar

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care