james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I was travelling to New York with Iceland airways and They

Customer Question

I was travelling to New York with Iceland airways and They wouldn’t let on my wife on the plane I showed them my marriage certfic and they still wouldn’t let her on I have traveled pleanty times with different airlines that way but this was the only airline who did let let on my wife
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

where were uou travelling from?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Heathrow to New York a stop in Iceland

Is your wife a US citizen or green card holder?

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If you wife is travelling to the USA from the U.K. as is not a US citizen or green card holder and does not come under one of the special exemptions, then she is not allowed to travel having been in the U.K. within 14 days of entry to the USA.

Section 2 iii should however apply to your wife as a spouse of a US citizen.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/25/proclamation-on-the-suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-non-immigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of-transmitting-coronavirus-disease/

If this was the reason they refused boarding because they did not know the law, then you need to complain to the airline and seek compensation.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.