How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 317
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

I need any advice in family law. Bristol, I divorced in

This answer was rated:

Hello, I need any advice in family law.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bristol
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I divorced in 2018. I tried to ask by mail a parent permisson for travel from my exhusband. Unfortunatelly He does not want sign it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: So how can I travel to abroad (Hungary) for wedding without his sign?
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters. I'm sorry to hear about your dilemma so I'd be happy to help. Firstly, how long are you travelling to Hungary for? Thanks, J
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We would like to leave 24 July 2021 and return back 8 August 2021. We are living in Bristol United Kingdom.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
This is only 2 weeks. Me and my children has got settled status and they are students in UK, I am working as Health care assistant in nursing home.
Hello again and thank you for the additional information. I think you may have no option but to make an urgent application to court for a Child Arrangements Order. In particular, a specific issue order allowing you to temporarily take your children abroad. If you exhibit the airline tickets and/or the wedding invite, I suspect a court would have no problems in ordering that you could take the children abroad.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Jeremy :) It sounds great . Do you know how long is court procedure? We will go by car.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is this working if the father does not keep any regular contact with children?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
He hitted our youngest son who was under 4 age and our oldest son (he was 11years) was victim. Oldest son told me about it and unfortunatelly the mediation was unsuccessfull. First response advices was no contact. Me and with my previous solicitor offered to ex husband an supervised visition. He did not agree with it. And 1 year later I offered to him a supported visition (Children wanted to see him) but he does not want use this opportunity. (I contacted with him by mail. End of this marrige was domestic violance. )
If you request it be heard urgently (and also explain the reasons why in the covering letter), the court will probably list the matter for a hearing within 2-3 weeks.The normal procedure when you make a Children Act application to resolve who a child should live with or how much time they should spend with another parent would take 6-9 months, possibly longer. There could potentially be 3 or 4 hearings. You're effectively asking the court to determine a simple issue so it should only be 1 hearing. If the father has little or no contact with the children, the court will be more inclined take the order for travel as they will see that the father is being obstructive by not giving his permission.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How can I apply for specific issue order for court?
The application form is a C100
You'll need to paste that link in your browser
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Can I get legal permission in same order for any other travelling?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How much is the court procedure? I do not find any information about it.
The cost is £215
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy. You made my day. I was really clueless. Much better now. Thank you so much
You could ask the court for a specific issue order in relation to the travel but also ask them to consider listing the matter for a future hearing to obtain a "live with" order. If you obtain a live with order, you can take your children out of the country for up to 28 days without his permission.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Any affidavit or sworn statement would be faster or not? What do you think?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Live with order sounds like best way. Children live with me and my partner. We make all dicisions and care them when need it. ....
If you want to make an EMERGENCY application, you will need to submit a statement with your c100 application form.
JeremyT1020 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is the emergency application is the same C100?
Or this is an other one?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much for your help Jeremy, we will proceed with C100 then. All the best, ***** *****