12826847

I have a ccj over a private parking fine, the paperwork was

I have a ccj over a private parking fine, the paperwork was sent to my elderly mum's address where I have never lived and also my name was spelt wrong on the documentation, are these grounds for an appeal ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Blackpool, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i had spoken to Excel Parking a few years ago over this and their litigation said they were going to cancel the debt as they had made a mistake by issuing another ticket later that day. Excel have now sent another letter chasing the amount and threatening DCBL going round if i dont pay
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing i can think of

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

I presume you were registered at that address at some point?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Never registered at that address, never spent a night there. The only thing i used that address for was a return of a deposit cheque i had post ed there
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Never registered at that address, never spent a night there. The only thing i used that address for was a return of a deposit cheque i had posted there

If there is a valid basis upon which the claim may be contested, like a dispute over liability, then you do have the option to apply to set aside the judgment.

You can do that using the N244 forms although there is a fee.  The application will be heard fairly quickly but you can also request that the execution is stayed in the meantime.

If judgment is set aside there will no longer be a debt although it may be brought again.

If you apply to set judgment aside you should draft your intended defence and give it to the court as part of your application.