MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

We live in a first floor maisonette (semi-detached property)

Customer Question

Hi - We live in a first floor maisonette (semi-detached property) and have access to our garden via a detached garage that sits at the end of a shared path between us and our neighbour.
To get to the garden, we would like to extend into the shared pathway so we can access the garage without having to come out our front door, if that makes sense.Is this possible at all?One potential issue I see is that the access to the side wall of the downstairs property will be blocked off.Note: We are the free holders to the property that we live in.Who do I need to reach out to see what is possible? Is it a solicitor or a party wall surveyor? Please advise.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 11 days ago.

Hi thanks for your enquiry I am happy to help this evening.

May I ask which form of solicitors completed the conveyance when you purchased your home?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I used a solicitor firm based up north in the UK - who do residential conveyancing among other services - is that what you were after i.e. did I understand your question right?

Yes that’s correct. They will be best placed to advise you on the shared walkways or boundary’s. Alternatively, do you have a copy of the deeds?

Is there anything else I can help with?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok, will reach out to them. Thanks. Thats all for now.

No problem. Could you leave a review when you receive an email? It really helps my ratings.

Let me know if I can help further.