Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I am a single older Lady who was ripped off by a gutter

Customer Question

I am a single older Lady who was ripped off by a gutter cleaning serives . I live in a small static home on a retirement park . I was quoted anything up to £90 according to the size of the bungalow . He was here under 2 hrs . I was charged £ 180 . I feel so upset .
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Woodchurch , nr Ashford , kent .
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written a review ..and then contacted you .
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just one thing . I contacted the Ashford branch , according to his flyer it says Sussex .
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

What would you like to know today as this will determine whether I can assist you?

From the circumstances provided where a price for the services were not agreed, the law states that a reasonable price should be applicable. Reasonable in this circumstances is judged on what the industry deems reasonable. Therefore a second opinion in this field as the service should be sought as this will be a good gauge on whether the price given was reasonable.

Assuming it was excessive you should consider filing a complaint with the trading standards as they can consider the issue.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe