12826847

My insurance company made a mistake with setting up my

Customer Question

My insurance company made a mistake with setting up my insurance policy and I was stopped by the police for not having vehicle insurance. I now have 6 points on my licence and a £300 fine. The insurance company have admitted they were at fault as there was a computer error. How do I appeal the decision about driving without insurance
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when did this happen?
Customer: This is in Edinburgh, Scotland
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The insurance company have sent me a document stating that I was insured when the police stopped me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Were you insured?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

so you can produce an insurance certificate that covers you to drive that vehicle on that day?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 day ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

Im not sure what you want to do about this.

If you can reduce an insurance certificate that covers you then you just appeal and send that certificate in.

If you could respond I could offer more.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.