How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 80209
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My insurance company made a mistake with setting up my

Customer Question

My insurance company made a mistake with setting up my insurance policy and I was stopped by the police for not having vehicle insurance. I now have 6 points on my licence and a £300 fine. The insurance company have admitted they were at fault as there was a computer error. How do I appeal the decision about driving without insurance
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when did this happen?
Customer: This is in Edinburgh, Scotland
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The insurance company have sent me a document stating that I was insured when the police stopped me.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

Were you insured?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 days ago.

so you can produce an insurance certificate that covers you to drive that vehicle on that day?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 day ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

Im not sure what you want to do about this.

If you can reduce an insurance certificate that covers you then you just appeal and send that certificate in.

If you could respond I could offer more.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.