How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15909
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I am a UK qualified personal trainer from Hong Kong. I am

This answer was rated:

Hi I am a UK qualified personal trainer from Hong Kong. I am planning to move to UK via BNO visa pathway - i came across the work requirement stating that BNO visa can work except you cannot work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach. May I know if personal trainer categorize as sports coach?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: still planning. not filed anything with UK gov. I am from Hong Kong and has Hong Kong citizenship
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no


Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

A personal trainer is not tje same as a sports coach.

A coach or sports person is an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, if recognised by their sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally.

I  hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

INC Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you