Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have a civil case against me and i have been found liable

i have a civil case against me and i have been found liable (although my insurance has already paid out they have come after me personally) the claimant has now requested the case be stayed due to the fact neither defendants have the financials to pay. How long does the stay, stay in place if granted?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: what do you mean>
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

Please can you confirm whether the court case is in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
it is in the UK

The case is usually stayed for a certain time period which should be noted within the application request to stay the claim or the court order which ultimately stays the claim.

If the information is not in the documents discussed please contact the claimant as they will likely know the stay period in question.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe