Lawry
Lawry, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109896623

My wife has suddenly decided she doesn’t want to be married

My wife has suddenly decided she doesn’t want to be married any more . Am I entitled to stay in the family home.nit is in both names . thanks
JA: What steps has your wife taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Absolutely nothing that I know of . She thinks I will lie down and sell the house. It only happened a month ago and I’m not ready to sell yet. Thanks
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your wife live in?
Customer: somerset
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i don’t think so. Is there a cost for this advice
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: that says dollars and not pounds
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My name is ***** ***** I will try and help you today.

I am sorry you are experiencing this problem with your wife.

As the property is in joint names you have equal rights to be there and she cannot ask you to leave.

As to selling the house that would be dealt with as part of any divorce settlement.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can she sell it without my permission
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
As there are no grounds for divorce does that mean it could be at least 2 years before I have to sell.

We have since spoken.

Best of luck!